In 1912 this congregation began as the Jane Street Methodist Church, located in a portable at Jane Street and Raymond Avenue.
The next step, in 1914, was to build a basement church on Baby Point Road at Thornhill Avenue. Here, the congregation was known as Baby Point Methodist Church.
Ten years later, in 1924, the building on that site had grown from a basement to its present height and became known as Humbercrest Methodist Church. When Church Union occurred in 1925, the name changed again, becoming Humbercrest United Church.
Eventually, a fast growing congregation required more worship space and greater Sunday School facilities and so, the Sanctuary wing was built on the west side and dedicated in 1951. At this time an excellent Casavant organ was added, thus continuing Humbercrest’s tradition of superb music.